Get the most out of your Berks, Bucks or Oxon wedding venue
January 11, 2018
Bucks' wedding venue Stoke Place's on-site wedding specialist Tracey Heyes has shared her insider knowledge with Your Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wedding. If you want to know how to get the most out of your venue budget to make sure you get the wedding of your dreams, then read on...
The festive season is not only about Christmas, mulled wine, carols and gifts; it's also the time of year when the most number of wedding proposals and engagements take place. Over 30 per cent of people propose to their beloved on Christmas Eve, with New Year's Eve coming in second place, which means that for hotels and wedding venues, January becomes the time of year when most couples begin their search for the perfect big-day location. But once you've decided on your venue, how can you make sure you get the most out of your budget? Read on for Tracey's top five tips:
1) Consider having a two-course wedding breakfast and serving your wedding cake as pudding. That way you're not only saving money per person for catering costs but you can ensure all guests have some cake and it's not going to waste.
2) Get creative with favours. With most venues offering internal catering, it's a great idea to utilize this and choose edible favours like cookies and sweets.
3) Open bars are becoming increasingly popular, and a great option here is opting to provide specific items such as beers, wines and soft drinks. Your guests will still have access to complimentary beverages without breaking the bank.
4) Think about having the ceremony and reception at the same venue. Not only will the venue fees cost less but this will also save you and your guests any transport fees.
5) Consider using venue items. Save money by using the venue's stationery, cake stand, cake knife and easel.
For more top tips on how to make the best of your big day, make sure to pick up the latest issue of Your Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wedding. And if you want to find out more about Stoke Place, its winter wedding open day on Sunday 21st January 2018 from 12pm to 3pm could be the perfect opportunity. The Queen Anne Mansion House will be open to the public and will give couples the chance to meet with and see over 25 leading wedding suppliers. For further information regarding the day, call 01753 560 218, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.stokeplace.co.uk
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing Your Wedding Venue
September 4, 2016
8 TOP TIPS FOR PLANNING YOUR PERFECT WINTER WEDDING