Top five tips for maximising your venue budget from the seriously stately, seventeenth-century Stoke Place…
Take if from the venue that has just booked a wedding for the same date as the Royal wedding next year… the wedding planners at Stoke Place know a thing or two about creating a magical day without breaking the budget. Stoke Place’s dedicated on-site wedding specialist, Tracey Heyes, shares her top five insider tips to make sure you get the most out of your venue budget…
1) Consider having a two-course Wedding Breakfast and serving your wedding cake as dessert; that way you’re not only saving money per person for catering costs but you can also ensure all guests have some cake and it’s not going to waste.
2) Get creative with favours. With most venues offering internal catering it’s a great idea to utilize this and choose edible favours like cookies and sweets.
3) Open bars are becoming increasingly popular but a great option for this is opting to provide specific items such as beers, wines and soft drinks. Your guests will still have access to complimentary beverages without breaking the bank.
4) Have the ceremony and reception at the same venue; not only will the venue fees cost less but this will also save you and your guests transport fees.
5) Consider using venue items. Save money by using the venue’s stationary, cake stand, cake knife and easel.
Stoke Place is a seventeenth-century stylish yet charming hotel steeped in history. Don’t miss Stoke Place’s prime-time annual Winter wedding open day on Sunday 21st January 2018 from 12pm to 3pm for couples and their friends and families looking for a fairytale country house wedding venue in the heart of Buckinghamshire.
The Queen Anne Mansion House will be open to the public and will give couples the chance to meet with and see over 25 leading wedding suppliers such as the UK’s top wedding florist Amie Bone, one of the UK’s foremost leading cake designers, Sherry Hostler Cake Artistry, and the renowned Lisa Payne Photography.
Each wedding fair attendee will be treated to a gift bag containing an Afternoon Tea voucher for Stoke Place and a miniature bottle of Prosecco. Visitors to the Wedding Open Day will have the opportunity to explore the stunning grounds and can even take a walk down to the beautiful lake – the perfect backdrop to capture those special moments on the big day.
Stoke Place’s sweeping staircases, dazzling antique chandeliers, stylish interiors and stunning bay windows add to the charm of the fairytale wedding venue. Combined with an exceptional Wedding Co-Ordinator, Toastmaster and dedicated operations team, Stoke Place can guarantee an unforgettable wedding celebration like no other. Visit their site at stokeplace.co.uk for more information.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
The Ultimate Guide to Choosing Your Wedding Venue
September 4, 2016
8 TOP TIPS FOR PLANNING YOUR PERFECT WINTER WEDDING